Monday, October 8, 2012

Robbinsville, NC

Made an unplanned stop in robbinsville NC today. While hiking in this beautiful cold rain I slipped and bashed my shin pretty good on a rock and had to hitch into town and get 6 stitches. No big deal though, the people at the clinic took good care of me and I'm staying in one of the nicest hostels of the trail with a hot shower and bed instead of camping in the freezing rain. Back to the trail in the morning though. I'm shooting to finish up October 16th so only about a week more.

We lucked out with the weather breaking the day we came out of hot springs so we camped on top of Max Patch bald where we got a great sunset and sunrise.

Then we went into Great Smokey Mountain National Park which was awesome. The weather cooperated really well which doesn't happen alot and we were treated to some awesome views of the biggest mountains on the trail. My mom came out and hiked with me for an afternoon when I went up clingmans dome. She was a trooper and kept a solid pace despite the fact I didn't choose the easiest section of trail.

Only one more resupply in Hiawasee GA and then on to Springer.

No comments:

Post a Comment